The best way to secure your assets is to remain thoughtful as you interact with your technology. Here are some steps and considerations to help keep you and your assets protected.
- Always double-check addresses to which they are sending funds, website URLs to which you are connecting your wallet (ensure our domain name is https://clickcollection.io), and which contracts you grant approval to.
- Be very cautious about emails with links, especially those asking you to login or provide personal data, connect your wallet, etc.
- Always check the address of the sender and the address of any URLs to which you are linked as well.
Don't Get Hacked
It's easy to envision a hacker banging away at a keyboard 'brute-forcing' their way into the mainframe. In practice, most ‘hacks’ rely on social engineering or bait-and-switch tricks, using tactics like fraudulent emails or links, or false attachments, to get users to give up passwords, private keys, and sensitive data.
- Be wary of email attachments as well. Never download attachments with strange file formats or from people you don’t know.
- Never repeat PIN codes or passwords.
- Never give someone your wallet's private key.
Keep Assets Hot and Cold
Where possible, isolate your high-value blockchain activities from your every-day browsing, or create a ‘hot’ wallet and ‘cold’ wallet.
- Use the ‘hot’ wallet for trading, for the temporary holding of assets
- Use the ‘cold’ to store the majority of your assets discreetly from where you are interacting with the blockchain or browsing the web.