A 'wallet' for your crypto serves two purposes:
- It stores your funds
- It serves as an access point for you to interact with blockchain applications , commonly called "Dapps," such as Click's NFT minting page
We are working to support a wide variety of wallets, but at the moment, we recommend all users to install Metamask. Here is a quick video detailing the Metamask onboarding process.
- Metamask is available as both a browser extension and a mobile app, so you can use it on your phone or on your computer.
- Once installed, Metamask will provide you with a "seed phrase." This phrase consists of 12 words that act like a "master key" that allows you access to your wallet if anything ever happens- i.e: lost or stolen devices, or you forget your password.
- Write the seed phrase down somewhere safe making two or three copies. Never save these phrase lists as a screenshot or in an email to yourself- hardcopies in a few places that are easy to remember is the safest way to protect the stored assets in your wallet.
- Remember, Metamask nor Click are ultimately responsible for storing this information for you, the wallet is truly yours and you must treat it like the physical one you carry in daily life.
- Metamask also asks you to make a password. The password is device-specific. I.e if your laptop breaks or you delete the app from your phone, that password will not allow you access to your funds through Metamask. The only way to get access to those funds is by re-entering those 12 words from the seed phrase when you re-install the app.
- Transacting on a blockchain like Ethereum, as well as purchasing Click NFTs, requires ETH. Check out "Funding Your Wallet," to learn more.